The following guide explains user roles in Qarma. Please note that the roles settings are quite complex and our support team will be more than happy to assist if you are unsure about the optimal settings for you.
User roles introduction
Each user in Qarma has a role. This is defined when the user is created, and can be changed at any time from the users list.
You can create and manage user roles from the user roles menu:
1. Open the Roles menu found under your profile name or press the following link: Roles.
2. Click on the role you want to edit or add a new role. The roles page looks like this:
At the top, you can edit the name of the role and add a description. You can also define the access level. Roles with a higher number are allowed to change roles for users with a lower number. So typically the admin will have access level 100, and all other users will have lower numbers.
It is also possible to provide a translation of the role name and description to ease multi-language user management.
Below, you can define which options should be available for the user role and what data they should have access to.
To learn more about each property, place your mouse on top and see the description:
Scopes for accessing data
For some properties, you can define different settings depending on how the user accesses the data. The most complex case is for inspections. For inspections, the following scopes are defined:
- Own: defines what a user should be able to do for inspections assigned to the user or where the user is a watcher or approver.
- Supplier: defines what a user should be able to do when the user and inspection belongs to the same supplier.
- Supplier QC: same as above, except the Supplier QC checkbox has to be set for the inspection.
- Groups: defines what a user should be able to do for inspections that share the same group as the user. This is the typical case for normal users in the system.
- All: defines what a user should be able to do for all inspections, regardless their relationship.